The hospitality industry is enormous and global marketing is quite complex when you think of how tourists are on the move. Tourists are making use of their mobile devices constantly to book hotels, book entertainment and book restaurants. Hotels and guesthouses have to think of every advertising strategy they can to get their content to target audiences in all corners of the globe to ensure increased bookings.
The world is certainly becoming increasingly interconnected, but still there are challenges to thinking up a marketing plan that is going to tap into all potential markets. This is precisely why it is so important to analyse and plan so you know which strategies will work. One way to increase your hotel’s visibility not just locally but on a global scale is to plan – it is all but critical to your success.
While live video streaming isn’t anything new, it is still as important as ever and is especially important to the millennial age group. Social media is also important for driving a rewards program, and every hotel needs to use the best social media strategies to increase enrollment in the hotel’s loyalty rewards program.
When I started blogging I came to know that Blogging and advertising are very much hand in hand. It is one of the most economical ways to promote on the world-wide web commonly known as the internet.
Ranking High on Google Search is the main aim of all advertising and promotion on the web.
- How to Rank high on google searches has been the major concern of companies worldwide.
- If you go and use Ad clicks or Ad Words by Google you can rank high on google searches. However it is expensive.
- More subtle techniques are off-line SEO techniques like blogs and forums.
A question arises. How do we use blogs and forums to Market. And what are these anyway?
Blogs –What is it?
- A blog is a frequently updated online personal journal or diary. It is a place to express yourself to the world. A place to share your thoughts and your passions. Really, it’s anything you want it to be. For our purposes we’ll say that a blog is your own website that you are going to update on an ongoing basis. Blog is a short form for the word weblog and the two words are used interchangeably.
- “collection of posts…short, informal, sometimes controversial, and sometimes deeply personal…with the freshest information at the top.”–Meg Hourihan
- “…the first journalistic model that actually harnesses rather than merely exploits the true democratic nature of the web. It’s a new medium finally finding a unique voice.”–Andrew Sullivan
How to use a blog for Marketing?
- Blogs are free ware on the internet. Hence a mention of a company on the free source will help you rank high on Google searches.
- So can we mention the company’ name on every blog? No dear if you do this it will violate Google’s rights and they will catch hold of you.
- Even if you write blogs on similar topics Google will catch you and penalize by demoting your ranking. So need to be careful.
- The method –Write 10 blogs on varied topics and out of 10 blogs mention your company’s name in one.
- You can give the management to companies that manage blogs or manage it yourself with help of in-house team.