Even in our digital world, there are still businesses who are reluctant to advertise their products and services online. The truth is that the world is increasingly online to inform. Making the effort to understand the dynamics of online marketing is imperative for remaining competitive. Most consumers start looking for information by using a search engine like Google. I’ve seen that banner and display ads are the most common forms of advertising online. but social media and networking sites are also good options depending on your type of business and target audience.
The good thing about advertising online is that it is low risk. Activities and responses online can be monitored and measured and also changed and adapted to make the marketing more suitable for sales and performance. It is unbelievable that even though 80% of Kiwis are searching for information online, that there are still so many Kiwi businesses without a website.
A massive opportunity for businesses is just waiting – a simple but effective website which clearly articulates what your business does needs to be available for when people do a search online. The Internet simply enables businesses to be found and you can’t hope to succeed without one.
We watch a commercial every 5 minutes. Whether we are watching TV or working on the internet or in a mall, you just cannot escape advertisements. Everybody knowingly or unknowingly responds to these advertisements. We will try to answer the question why it is so important from every persons aspect.
Advertising is essential for business, and here are a few reasons of its importance.
- Launching – Advertising plays a crucial in launching a new product or a new company. It can increase sale and also awareness which ultimately lead to sales. Big brands like McDonald’s and Coke owe a lot of their sales to advertising. It helps to gain new customers and markets. It is also true for an event. A well advertised event’s success is almost guaranteed.
- Revenue source – Advertising is the major source of income for print and electronic media. It helps to pay for the information revolution we cannot do without. Every great article’s publication has the revenue of advertising in the magazine/newspaper.
- Increases sales/profit – Advertising plays an important role in increasing sales and profit of business. Without advertising help sales will become stagnant after a period. Hence aggressive advertising is a necessity to keep the sales going.
- Education – Advertising is also used to educate the society about many issue.
- Awareness – Advertising starts with awareness about the product/service or event. It is essential for the ultimate success.
- Important element of marketing – Advertising is a cog in the marketing wheel and an important part of marketing mix. Marketing cannot run without the support of advertising.