When I started blogging I came to know that Blogging and advertising are very much hand in hand. It is one of the most economical ways to promote on the world-wide web commonly known as the internet.
Ranking High on Google Search is the main aim of all advertising and promotion on the web.
- How to Rank high on google searches has been the major concern of companies worldwide.
- If you go and use Ad clicks or Ad Words by Google you can rank high on google searches. However it is expensive.
- More subtle techniques are off-line SEO techniques like blogs and forums.
A question arises. How do we use blogs and forums to Market. And what are these anyway?
Blogs –What is it?
- A blog is a frequently updated online personal journal or diary. It is a place to express yourself to the world. A place to share your thoughts and your passions. Really, it’s anything you want it to be. For our purposes we’ll say that a blog is your own website that you are going to update on an ongoing basis. Blog is a short form for the word weblog and the two words are used interchangeably.
- “collection of posts…short, informal, sometimes controversial, and sometimes deeply personal…with the freshest information at the top.”–Meg Hourihan
- “…the first journalistic model that actually harnesses rather than merely exploits the true democratic nature of the web. It’s a new medium finally finding a unique voice.”–Andrew Sullivan
How to use a blog for Marketing?
- Blogs are free ware on the internet. Hence a mention of a company on the free source will help you rank high on Google searches.
- So can we mention the company’ name on every blog? No dear if you do this it will violate Google’s rights and they will catch hold of you.
- Even if you write blogs on similar topics Google will catch you and penalize by demoting your ranking. So need to be careful.
- The method –Write 10 blogs on varied topics and out of 10 blogs mention your company’s name in one.
- You can give the management to companies that manage blogs or manage it yourself with help of in-house team.